UTF-8 The Summer of '05: Weekday Update

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

This blog is best viewed using Internet Explorer. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, click View, Page Style and select No Style.

Links Other blogs/journals Previous Posts
Lifesaver
One Day More!
How's Joey Doin'?


Archives
03/27/2005 - 04/03/2005
04/03/2005 - 04/10/2005
04/17/2005 - 04/24/2005
04/24/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/08/2005 - 05/15/2005
05/15/2005 - 05/22/2005
06/05/2005 - 06/12/2005
Brought to you by:



Other chapters of The Diary of Ana Alcala
Ana Street
The Summer of '04

Name: Ana
Email: sgtpepper72687@yahoo.com
About Me:
And more on me...

Thursday, April 21, 2005
Weekday Update

I finally pre-enlisted in UP. Pre-enlistment is when you pick the subjects you’re going to take for the coming semester. I guess since it’s just my very first semester, I’m taking GE subjects only. General Education (GE) subjects are basically subjects that all UP students can take, irregardless of course. I’m taking Film, but under the RGEP, I am supposed to take the following for my first semester: a subject in Written Communication Skills; 2 subjects under Math, Science & Technology; Philippine History in Filipino (Kasaysayan); a PE course; and a subject under Arts & Humanities. After days of contemplating, carefully planning out my schedule, picking the right time slots, choosing the best professor, and allocating enough lunch breaks, I have finally arrived at the perfect college schedule guaranteed to last me the whole sem…hopefully.

These are the subjects I have chosen:
1. Kasaysayan 1: Ang Kasaysayan at Institusyong Pilipino
2. Physics 10: Physics and Astronomy for Pedestrians
3. Mathematics 2: Practical Mathematics
4. English 12: World Literatures
5. PE: Archery
6. CW 10: Creative Writing for Beginners

I arranged my schedule ever so carefully, so I hope it gets approved. I made it a point that my earliest subjects will be at 8:30 in the morning. Apparently, I don’t seem to have any classes on Wednesdays, Saturdays and, of course, Sundays. Is that right? Is that how it’s supposed to be? Also, on Mondays and Thursdays, I have an hour and a half long lunch break, and I’m off at 2pm. On Tuesdays, I have a 1-hour break before Archery. After that, I have a whopping 2 and a half hours long break before I take my last subject until 4pm. Sweet. You have to understand, after the hell that was High School Stress, this means a lot to me.

I have to come to realize that in UP, almost everything is done online and free. I confirmed online for free. I am choosing my subjects online for free. It’s very convenient for me since I don’t have to keep to many paper documents. UP isn’t the fanciest school. It doesn’t have the state-of-the-art facilities that DLSU can brag about, but I like all these UP online stuff.


********************
I went to McDonald’s today to submit my resume. Apparently, they don’t accept summer job applicants. As much as possible, they want applicants who’ll stay even school starts. Unaware of any Job Market survival tips-and-tricks, I slipped when I said that when school starts, I am only free on Wednesdays and Saturdays. My mother said I shouldn’t have said that. She saved me anyway when she said that I can continue even when school starts. As if.


********************
I cannot believe this! Last season was definitely a scandalous one, with Jennifer Hudson going before John Stevens; however, the show has finally hit rock bottom with tonight’s results. This is disgusting! America has once again proven itself to be tone-deaf! Okay, maybe just the American Idol voters. Seriously! Anwar Robinson voted-off?! What’s wrong with them? I agree that Scott should have left, but that’s not the point. Although I hoped that Constantine would leave, I wouldn’t have cared who left, but definitely NOT ANWAR! For the love of --! I won’t even rant about how insane this is because Anwar Robinson is arguably the best singer this show has ever seen. Every human being capable of hearing should know that…Oops! Well, apparently, the American Idol voters don’t.

And may I also express my sincerest distaste towards Mr. Constantine Maroulis! Okay, Sting! (And I don’t like Sting. I prefer Phil Collins) You’re not the cutest Greek in the planet! You’re not cool just because you sang “Bohemian Rhapsody.” In fact, your take on the song, which we all know is a Queen classic, leaves much to be desired. Not everybody likes you, you know.

I’m glad that’s now all out of my system…


********************
Habemus Papam!

I was regularly checking on the news channels yesterday to see if white smoke was already coming out of that chimney. Well, when that moment finally came, I was watching Oprah. (I am now a member of Oprah’s Book Club by the way.) When I went downstairs, my mother turned the TV on and saw that CNN was already waiting for the new Pope’s name. I was so excited! I was squealing like a groupie. I could almost hear Chandler mockingly murmur, “Oh! This is a ‘Dear Diary’ moment!” While waiting, my mother expressed her wish for the new Pope to be as cute and handsome as John Paul II. I said, “Yeah…Ratzinger isn’t!” Then I stopped and said to myself, What if it is Ratzinger? That’s not a very nice thing to say.

Then, the Chilean cardinal went out of the balcony to say those famous Latin words, and my heart was beating faster than usual (and my heart always beats fast). Of course, I didn’t understand half of what he said, but when he said “Ratzinger,” I actually didn’t know how to react. This was followed by my realization, amidst those foreign languages, that he chose the name Benedict. Cute. Now, I am certain that almost all newborn Filipino babies are named Benedict. They’re the latest versions of the numerous John Pauls in the country.

When my heart finally accepted it, it was time for another momentous event: his first public appearance as pope. I was so excited. I wondered how he would look like. When the middle-age sacristan appeared with the cross, and when I finally saw Ratzinger smiling (for the first time for me), I felt so moved. I almost cried. Although he wasn’t my papal bet, as CNN put it, it was a “heart-stopping” moment. It felt like we were not orphans anymore.

Needless to say, I am very happy, and the recent release of his old boyhood photographs proves that, like Karol Wojtyla, he had his share of looks, too.

-------------------
Ad astra per aspera


posted by Ana, sgtpepper72687@yahoo.com
11:50 PM



8 Comments:

ouch... I heart Constantine... heehee I love you Ana!

By Blogger Jacqueline, at April 24, 2005 6:21 PM  



Aaw...sorry JZ...I wanted him to get into the Top 12, but I don't think it's right for him to win...Ü

By Blogger Ana, at April 25, 2005 4:10 PM  



Great work!
[url=http://ggannrdv.com/eqef/hrgg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://isxzatza.com/uzkm/sqjy.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 19, 2006 11:01 AM  



Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 19, 2006 11:02 AM  



Great work!
http://ggannrdv.com/eqef/hrgg.html | http://zamyaanx.com/ilyh/tlij.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 19, 2006 11:02 AM  



Great work!
[url=http://ssbzsjvb.com/fhkg/wnnn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://szyxfjmd.com/sdpx/obmi.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2006 9:10 PM  



Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2006 9:11 PM  



Good design!
http://ssbzsjvb.com/fhkg/wnnn.html | http://uxvlrvbs.com/dbin/wddr.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2006 9:11 PM  



Post a Comment