UTF-8 The Summer of '05: Iskolar ng Bayan (Part II)

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

This blog is best viewed using Internet Explorer. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, click View, Page Style and select No Style.

Links Other blogs/journals Previous Posts
Iskolar ng Bayan (Part I)
The Movie Meme List
Must-See TV for the Summer Couch Potato
Food from the Bible
Breakfast Recipes
Weekday Update
Lifesaver
One Day More!
How's Joey Doin'?


Archives
03/27/2005 - 04/03/2005
04/03/2005 - 04/10/2005
04/17/2005 - 04/24/2005
04/24/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/08/2005 - 05/15/2005
05/15/2005 - 05/22/2005
06/05/2005 - 06/12/2005
Brought to you by:



Other chapters of The Diary of Ana Alcala
Ana Street
The Summer of '04

Name: Ana
Email: sgtpepper72687@yahoo.com
About Me:
And more on me...

Saturday, May 14, 2005
Iskolar ng Bayan (Part II)

May 10
Day 2 (Registration/Enrollment)

As planned the day before, we went back to CMC to meet Prof. Piano. Once again, luck was not on my side, and I couldn't find him. I noticed, however, that there were a couple of students waiting at the lobby. I sensed with the Force that these were the film transferees that Prof. Piano was interviewing, so I waited with them. Luckily, I was right. I realized that all I need now is a set of Jedi garb, and I'm all set...

He was able to squeeze me into his schedule, and he quickly made the changes and signed my Form 5a. I was happy although I felt that he didn't really get to alter my sched the way I wanted it to be.

I rushed to Palma Hall. The student volunteers from some frat asked for my entrance credentials. I brought out, among other things, my report card. For a brief moment, I glanced at the AC logo on the front cover. I was in UP, my new school, and that report card seemed like a lonely remnant of a life that I have left behind...

Well, actually, because of some complications, I had to go back to AC again...

Anyway, when I got to the lobby, I realized I had to wait for my turn. That would've been okay, but the line was soooo long. It was a good thing there were chairs provided. I don't really know how long I waited, but the wait gave me ample time to prepare my stuff and to stop sweating.

Finally, it was my turn. I was relieved until the woman made me return my Form 137 to AC. She told me to give them this letter indicating that they had to mail UP an official transcript. I was pretty worried, but she told me that I could still enroll anyway.

I moved on to the next counter. I spent such a long time on this counter that they told the student manning the counter to take a break after he's done with me. You see, this was the counter where I had to add/cancel some subjects. I soon realized that, maybe, I should've just gone straight to Palma Hall and made my schedule changes here. The poor kid had to dictate to me all the options I had. In fact, we already came into a new schedule (with Math at 7am), but I went back when I realized that that was too early (hehe) and Math at Math Building would come right before Kasaysayan 1 at Palma Hall.

After minutes of rescheduling and rearranging, we finally settled into this schedule:

Mondays and Thursdays
8:30-10:00 am Kasaysayan 1 at Palma Hall
1:00-2:30 pm Math 2 at Math Building
Tuesdays and Fridays
8:30-10:00 am English 12 at CAL
11:00-12:00nn Archery at Archery Range
1:00-2:30 pm Physics 10 at Palma Hall
2:30-4:00 pm Creative Writing 10 at CAL

With my new sched, I lost the 2 and half hour break on Tuesdays and Fridays; however, I now have a 3-hour break on Mondays and Thursdays. Also, even though Phys 10 is right before CW 10, at least Palma Hall is right beside the College of Arts and Letters.

Finally, they gave me my Form 5. All I had to do was copy the stuff in Form 5a to my Form 5. After this, I waited for my mother to come with my tuition fee payments. Ah...you may wonder, What is Ana's tuition fee? Well, I'll have you know that my now-La Sallite buddy Patty was flabbergasted when she found out that, compared to her P48,000 per term tuition fee, mine for this semester is:

P 5,291.50

Yes, my friends. My mother said that would just have covered my books in Assumption. Heck, my iPod shuffle is more expensive than that! That is precisely why, as the College Secretary said, everyone in UP is more or less an Isko. The government subsidizes the tuition fee using money from taxpayers. That is also why, being given this privilege, a UP student must do well and return this to the country in the form of service and excellence.

Anyway, I waited for my mother for a pretty long time. You'd think she'd be there right away since we live so near. I was pretty bored, so I walked around. I was so tempted to cross the street and buy fishballs, but I was afraid my mother would be furious and forever banish me from going to this institution, so I didn't. Well, apparently, my mother says she wouldn't have minded.

I walked up and down the staircase of Palma Hall. In the course of my journey, I saw two upperclassmen listening to their iPods. Well, I figured if they could listen to theirs then why shouldn't I? I then whiled away time by listening to Petit Leblanc. The Force was strong in me again, and I sensed my mother. Sure enough, she arrived already. She brought my little sister along. I explained to her that this was going to be my new school. I also told her that I wouldn't be wearing a uniform anymore. She said it was just like in the schools in Kim Possible and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

I was moments away from finally being registered, and I had to mess it up and delay it even further. My mother paid, and the woman asked for my Form 5. While the printer was printing something on my Form 5, she gave us our change. I only had one free hand, so when I reached for the sukli, I dropped one of the coins into the printer. Needless to say, the printer jammed.

After minutes of trying to pry the coin out of the printer (and discovering that there was another coin, previously unnoticed) and almost fully dismantling the printer, we got the two coins out. We kept one; she kept the other.

Of course, they had to bring my Form 5 to an official so she could verify it since the printer jam messed up the letters and numbers. I finally got my copy of the Form 5 with "Registered" stamped on it. Before I left, I got my ID picture-taking appointment slip. I'm scheduled for May 20.

What's next for me? Well, the Freshman Orientation is tomorrow. Then, I have to go to Assumption to fix this whole transcript thing.
-------------------
Ad astra per aspera


posted by Ana, sgtpepper72687@yahoo.com
2:07 PM



8 Comments:

Well done!
[url=http://fqseqgth.com/wfow/xgaf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://betrwfwe.com/awpp/sxwh.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 31, 2006 4:18 AM  



Nice site!
http://fqseqgth.com/wfow/xgaf.html | http://kacbplrq.com/ldne/xrdy.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 31, 2006 4:18 AM  



Thank you!
[url=http://xfolhpmn.com/fqnu/ufix.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cypkhzbt.com/pawy/cbsg.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2006 8:08 PM  



Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2006 8:08 PM  



Great work!
http://xfolhpmn.com/fqnu/ufix.html | http://tbtlypqg.com/zrej/qwbh.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2006 8:08 PM  



Great work!
[url=http://bldcvdtx.com/pyqn/weoy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fgrvlmdp.com/pfmn/xobk.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 07, 2006 1:52 AM  



Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 07, 2006 1:52 AM  



Well done!
http://bldcvdtx.com/pyqn/weoy.html | http://tnrmsktd.com/umsz/lzfy.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 07, 2006 1:53 AM  



Post a Comment